Jahangirnagar University is one of the 4 Public Universities in Bangladesh. It was formally launched on 12 January 1971 under the Jahangirnagar Muslim University Ordinance. Jahangirnagar University is a residential university spread over an area of 697.56 acres (2.8 km2) designed by architect Robiul Hossain. It is considered as one of the most beautifully designed universities in Bangladesh. There are 34 departments under six faculties. Here we are going to deliberate about Jahangirnagar University C Unit Admission Test Circular 2020-21. The faculty name is Social Science Faculty.
- 1 JU C Unit Admission Circular 2020-21
- 2 JU Admission circular 2020-21
- 3 Jahangirnagar University Admission Method
- 4 JU C Unit Admission Requirements
- 5 JU C Unit Marks Distribution And Prospectus
- 6 Jahangirnagar University B Unit(Social Science) Subject Lists
- 7 JU B Unit Available Seat
- 8 Jahangirnagar University Subject Description
- 9 Jahangirnagar University C Unit Result
- 10 JU Admission Result 2020-21
- 11 JU Previous Admission Circular PDF
- 12 Conclusion
JU C Unit Admission Circular 2020-21
The official page of the university has already published Jahangirnagar Admission Test Circular 2020-21. Jahangirnagar varsity admission will start on the next 23 January 2020. The awakened candidates will have to apply in Jahangirnagar University Admission Test Notice 2020-21 online. The application procedure must be done by the given time. Here is the chart of the Online Application Date.
Online Application Date :
|Online Application Date Start:||Online Application Date Finish:|
|08 December 2020||07 January 2020 11:59 PM|
Following the previous sessions dictum, 2nd timers can apply for the JU Admission 2020-21 session. The authority has already announced the starting date of admission. Here are the Admission Date and Time Table for the candidates.
Admission Test Date:
|Admission Date Start :||Admission Date Finish :|
|22nd January 2020||03 February 2020|
Jahangirnagar University Previous Year Admission Circular:-
Interested candidates must fill-up the admission form online timely. There is also a payment method for each unit. Here is the form price table.
|Unit Name||Form Price|
|C1, F, G, H, I||400 TAKA|
Jahangirnagar University Admission Method
Jahangirnagar Admission process has been elaborately disposed of on the official page of JU:https://ju-admission.org/
Take a look at Jahangirnagar university c unit details.
JU C Unit Admission Requirements
SSC/Equivalent Pass: 2016 or later
HSC / Equivalent pass: 2018 or 2019
- Candidates have to pass SSC and HSC with a GPA of 3.5 in each.
Departments Group wise GPA requirements(HSC) Subject wise grade requirements(HSC) Bangla A)Group: Humanities Total GPA: 7.00 B)Science/Humanities/others Total GPA:7.50 A) Bangla (A-) B) Bangla(A-) English A)Group: Humanities Total GPA: 7.25 B)Science/Humanities/others Total GPA:7.75 A) English(A-) B) English(A-) History A)Group: Humanities Total GPA: 7.00 B)Science/Humanities/others Total GPA:7.50 A) English(A-) B) English(A-) Philosophy A)Group: Humanities Total GPA: 6.00 B)Science/Humanities/others Total GPA:7.00 A) Bangla and English(B) B) Bangla and English(B) Archaeology A)Group: Humanities Total GPA: 6.50 B)Science/Humanities/others Total GPA:7.00 A) Bangla and English(B) B) Bangla and English(B) International Relationship A)Group: Humanities/Business Studies/others Total GPA: 7.50 B)Science Total GPA:8.00 A)English(A-) B) English(A-) Journalism & Media Studies A)Group: Humanities Total GPA: 7.50 B)Science/Humanities/others Total GPA:8.00 A) Bangla and English(A-) B) Bangla and English(A-)
JU C Unit Marks Distribution And Prospectus
|Total Marks:||Admission Test:||SSC and HSC Result:||Time:|
|100||80 marks||20 marks||55 minutes|
GPA 20 Marks:
(HSC GPA x 2.5 ) + ( SSC GPA x 1.5 ) = .20
Question Pattern: MCQ
Mark reduction for each wrong answer: 0.2
Pass Marks: 27
|Subjects which are related to faculties: 50 marks|
|Journalism and Media studies||10|
**Students are not allowed to use any device like Mobile phone, Calculator, Electric watch or any Electric devices, Papers( without admit card) in the exam hall**
There will be a wall clock in the exam hall for the examinee and students.
Jahangirnagar University B Unit(Social Science) Subject Lists
There are seven departments under the Social Science faculty. Here are the departments with descriptions.
- International Relation
- Journalism and Media studies
JU B Unit Available Seat
Jahangirnagar University B Unit available seats for both male and female are shown here.
|Department||Available Seat (Male)||Available Seat (Female)||Total Seat|
|Journalism and Media studies||15||10||25|
Jahangirnagar University Subject Description
- Bangla: Bangla Department is an honored part of Jahangirnagar University. Though Bangla as a subsidiary subject initiated in 1971, as a full-fledged department it had been inaugurated by then Vice-chancellor Syed Ali Ahsan in 1972. Bangla department has begun its journey with 21 male and 7 female students. Prof. Mustafa Nurul Islam, Prof. Dr. Humayun Kabir (HumayunAzad), Prof. Muhammad Muniruzzaman (Hayat Mamud), Prof. AFM Daniel Haq were some noteworthy teachers of this department. Now this department has more than 300 undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as some M Phil and Ph.D. researchers. There are a good number of adept teachers in the versatile field of study. A notable number of research papers produced by the teachers every year. Bhasha-Shahitto Patro, the academic journal is published on a regular basis. A number of Literary Journal published and is publishing time to time with the teacher-student collaboration like Papers, Nandipath, Shobdopath, Kiupid, JolpairongHridoy-store, Krantik, Bodh, Hriddoroudro, Other, Runner, Bottola, BoishakherPanchali, Nobanno, Khoshra, etc. This department gains a lot in different phenomena like Seminar Symposium with many foreign Scholars and Artists.
- English: Welcome to the department of English. The description is coming soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- History: Welcome to the Department of History. The description is coming soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Philosophy: Philosophy, as a distinct and independent department at Jahangirnagar University, began its journey in 1984. There were only ten undergrad students in the first batch and currently more than five hundred students are pursuing their major in philosophy. The department, in its comparatively young age, achieved notable success and a unique position in philosophical research and teaching in Bangladesh and beyond. The eminent faculty members, enthusiastic students, comprehensive and modern syllabi, distinguished visiting scholars made this remarkable achievement possible in a very short time. In all areas of philosophy including the history of philosophy, Anglo-American philosophy, analytic philosophy, philosophy of science, Indian, Chinese and Japanese philosophy, moral philosophy, symbolic logic, mathematical logic, philosophy of mind, philosophy of language, environmental philosophy, and deep ecology, department members have a proven track record. The department’s most distinctive strength is its several modules in ethics (both theoretical and applied) and logic. In doing non-Western philosophy, in particular, the philosophy of Bengal, the department is among the top. Faculty members continuously publish their works in national and international journals, visit world-class institutions, pursue masters or Ph. D.s in prestigious research universities worldwide. Apart from four years of undergraduate honors and one year master’s, the department offers M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs in philosophy. The department publishes research journal Copula with international contributions on a regular basis. It has a modern seminar library with online facilities, digital books, and a Centre for Philosophical Research and Activities. Many alumni of the department won national and international awards for their contributions to different aspects of society. Sharing diversity and unity of views, the philosophy department at Jahangirnagar University is now the home of analytical, critical, spiritual, and creative thinkers.
- Archaeology: Department of Archaeology, Jahangirnagar University offers undergraduate as well as MSS, M.Phil, and Ph.D. degrees in archaeology. It emphasizes an Archaeological and interdisciplinary approach, tailoring the program to the needs of the individual. Students are expected to take advantage of the considerable flexibility in program requirements. Theory, method and laboratory courses, and fieldwork are all regarded as important components in the curriculum of students in Archaeology, both undergraduate and graduate. While the Department insists that all graduates become competent field archaeologists, it takes a broad view of the discipline. Besides many theses on aspects of geo-archaeology, pre-and proto-historic archaeology, others in recent years have focused on ancient art and architecture, archaeo-botany, bio-archaeology, environmental archaeology, historic archaeology, ethnology, ethnoarchaeology, iconography, Epigraphy and Numismatics, taphonomy, museum studies, and heritage management- to mention only a few. The Department exercises discretion in admitting students and ensures that their interests relate to the research and teaching capabilities of the faculty. The Department of Archaeology is located on the 3rd floor of the New Arts Building at the center of the main campus. For more information about the Department, its members, journal, and its programs, we invite you to explore our web site.
- International Relation: Welcome to the department of International Relations. The description is coming soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Journalism and Media studies: Journalism and Media Studies is a vibrant and exciting academic discipline, which is seeing growing importance and expansion all over the world. In the age of information, driven by a flurry of technological innovations, only technology-based education with a mix of critical and analytical thinking could prepare young people to fight today’s challenges. The vision of the department is to advance this idea and produce graduates who will eventually contribute to the development of the country. In the fast-changing media scene of Bangladesh, knowledge, technological literacy, leadership and communication skills, and innovations are the main weapons that could properly equip a student. The department has tailored its curriculum to fit the bill. It puts particular emphasis on research and innovation. In addition, there is a wide range of activities engaging students, both inside and outside the classroom, like presenting papers or shooting for audio-visual productions.
Jahangirnagar University C Unit Result
Jahangirnagar Admission Result will be published by the authority on the official website of JU. Generally, the JU authority publishes the result immediately right after the test or takes one/two days to announce. Students will get o see all the information on the official website also here we will provide the update.
Click here to get the result:-
JU Previous Admission Circular PDF
Jahangirnagar University C Unit Admission Test Circular 2020-21. For the students who are eager to get a chance in the C unit and wanted to have an idea. Some Information may update in the course of time. Stay connected.