Dhaka University is in the first position in public university Ranking. Students have to go through tough competition to get a chance here. Dhaka University has five different units with different subjects. Each Unit has additional requirements. Among these five units here, we are going to deliberate Dhaka University A Unit Admission Test Notice 2020-21. Also, the Dhaka University Admission Test circular 2020-21 has been published by the official website ( https://admission.eis.du.ac.bd/ ) of Dhaka University.
- 1 Dhaka University Will Hold Divisional Examination.
- 2 Dhaka University Changed Marks Distribution for 2020-2021
- 3 DU A Unit Admission Test 2020-21
- 4 Time Duration for Online Application
- 5 DU A Unit Admission Requirements
- 6 Admission Requirement For A/KA Unit of Previous Year PDF
- 7 Dhaka University A Unit Faculty List
- 8 Dhaka University A Unit subject list
- 9 Science Faculty
- 10 Biology Faculty
- 11 Pharmacy & Biological Faculty
- 12 Earth & Environmental Science Faculty
- 13 Engineering & Technology Faculty
- 14 Statistics institute
- 15 Nutrition and Food Science Institute
- 16 Information Technology Institute
- 17 Leather Engineering and Technology Institute
- 18 Education and Research Institute
- 19 DU Brings Up Changes In Marks Distribution
- 20 A Unit Marks Distribution And Prospectus
- 21 Dhaka University Subject Description
- 22 DU A Unit Admission Circular PDF of Previous Year
- 23 Download A Unit Admission Circular 2020-2021
- 24 Dhaka University A Unit Admission Result
- 25 Dhaka University Admission Result
Dhaka University Will Hold Divisional Examination.
Due to the COVID crisis, Dhaka University Admission Examination Committee has decided to hold a divisional exam, That means every examinee will sit for the exam in their own hometown or the district they live in,or the district they choose to give the exam. The total evaluation marks is said to be 100 and 20 marks will be for SSC & HSC result. This decision is valid for only the students of 2020-2021 academic session. The full information about the exams will be published on the official website,Click Here
Dhaka University Changed Marks Distribution for 2020-2021
|Total Marks||Admission Test Marks||Result Marks(SSC & HSC)|
*** The notice is valid only for 2020-2021 session. Any further changes will be notified in the official website***
- Viva exam won’t be held this year.
- Decision is yet to be made whether the exam will be only MCQ or part MCQ and part Written.
DU A Unit Admission Test 2020-21
Dhaka University Admission Test for the academic session 2020-2021 of Graduation (Honours) 1st year will be held on next 13th September (Friday) 2020. DU ‘KA’ Unit Admission Test will be held on 21st September (Friday) 2020. The awakened candidates will have to apply in Dhaka University Admission Test Notice 2020-21 online. The time of Online application for DU Admission Test 2020-2021 calculating on the next 31st July (Tuesday) 2020. Students from the group of Science can only apply for the A Unit. This year students can’t take part in Dhaka University Admission Test 2020-21 for 2nd time.
Time Duration for Online Application
Interested candidates must apply in Dhaka University Admission Test Notice 2020-21 online. They can apply to the official website ( https://admission.eis.du.ac.bd/) of Dhaka University. Here is the time duration for Online Application:-
|Online Application Date Start:||Online Application Date Finnish:|
|5th August (Monday) 2020||27th August (Tuesday) 2020|
DU A Unit Admission Requirements
There are some specific requirements to apply for particular units. Here is the minimum requirement to apply for the A unit.
- Candidates must have a total GPA of 8.00 (with 4th subject) in SSC and HSC level exams.
- Candidates must have a GPA of 3.5 individually in SSC and HSC and relevant examinations.
- The passing year of SSC and equivalent examinations must be 2015-2018.
- The passing year of HSC and equivalent examination must be 2020.
- Students from Science/ Agricultural Science group only can apply for A unit.
Admission Requirement For A/KA Unit of Previous Year PDF
Dhaka University A Unit Faculty List
I have already mentioned that this Unit is only for the students of Science. There are almost ten faculties and institutes under this A unit. These are:
- Science Faculty
- Biological Faculty
- Pharmacy Faculty
- Earth and Environment Science Faculty
- Engineering & Technology Faculty
- Statistics institute
- Nutrition and Food Science Institute
- Information Technology Institute
- Leather Engineering and Technology Institute
- Education and Research Institute
Dhaka University A Unit subject list
Under these ten faculties, there are almost 32 departments & Institutes. Their respective faculties control these departments. We are going to mention all the departments of these units in terms of Faculties.
|Departments / Institutes||Seats|
|Soil, Water and Environment||120|
|Biochemistry and Molecular Biology||60|
|Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology||17|
Pharmacy & Biological Faculty
|Departments / Faculty||Seats|
|Soil, Water, and Environment Science||120|
|Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology||17|
Earth & Environmental Science Faculty
|Departments / Institutes||Seats|
|Geography and Environment||50|
|Disaster science and management||30|
Engineering & Technology Faculty
|DEPARTMENTS / INSTITUTES||Seats|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering||70|
|Applied Chemistry and Chemistry||60|
|Computer Science and Engineering||60|
|Robotics and Mechanics Engineering||20|
Nutrition and Food Science Institute
|Nutrition and Food Science Institute||35|
Information Technology Institute
Leather Engineering and Technology Institute
|Leather Products Engineering||50|
Education and Research Institute
DU Brings Up Changes In Marks Distribution
The deans’ committee of Dhaka University has decided in its July 3 meeting that there will be a new marks distribution pattern for admission tests. For the upcoming 2020-21 academic session there will be written part as well as the multiple-choice questions (MCQ). Students will get space to answer in the question paper for the written part.
Marks Distribution And Time Duration Table:-
|Total Evolution Marks||SSC and HSC result||Admission||Time|
|200||80 marks||120 marks||1 hr 30 min|
A Unit Marks Distribution And Prospectus
GPA of SSC will be multiplied by six, and the GPA of HSC will be multiplied by 10. Then the sum of this will be added with the point of the Admission Test. To pass, one must obtain 48 out of 120 in the Admission Test. The total pass mark is 48.
(SSC×6)+(HSC×10) + Admission marks
Total Pass Marks: 48
- MCQ Part: For the MCQ part, students will get 50 minutes to achieve a total of 75 numbers. There is an optional system for candidates; they can choose Bangla/English over the optional subject (Biology/Mathematics) of their HSC examination. The Mark reduction for each wrong answer is 0.25.
|Physics (compulsory)||(15 × 1.25)= 18.75||15|
|Chemistry (compulsory)||(15 × 1.25)= 18.75||15|
|Mathematics||(15 × 1.25)= 18.75||15|
|Biology||(15 × 1.25)= 18.75||15|
|Bangla||(15 × 1.25)= 18.75||15|
|English||(15 × 1.25)= 18.75||15|
Pass marks for MCQ: 30 marks
Students who will get a minimum of 30 marks in MCQ will be applicable for the written part.
- Written Part: For the written part, students will get 40 minutes to get a total of 45 numbers. There is an optional system for candidates; they can choose Bangla/English over the optional subject (Biology/Mathematics) of their HSC examination.
Pass marks for written part: 12 marks
**Students are not allowed to use any device like Mobile phone, Calculator, Electric watch or any variety of Electric devices, Papers( without admit card) in the exam hall**
Dhaka University Subject Description
- Physics Department: The Physics Department is one of the founding departments of the University of Dhaka which began its long and glorious journey in 1921. There are about 700 students in the department of which 140 are enrolled in the undergraduate program annually and about 100 are enrolled in the postgraduate program. On top of its own courses, the department also offers courses to students of other departments of the Science Faculty, for instance, Mathematics, Chemistry, Geology, Applied Chemistry, and Chemical Technology.
Presently there are about fifty faculty members in the department. The department is proud to have had many distinguished physicists as its past members among whom were S.N. Bose and K.S. Krishnan.
- Department of Mathematics: Year of Establishment: 1921, Founder Chairman: Professor Bhupati Mohon Sen.Current Chairman: Professor Dr. Salina Parvin. The number of Current Faculties: 32.Number of Students: 1694.E-mail: email@example.com.Research in the Department: Group Theory, Ring Theory, Number Theory, Topology, Functional Analysis, Differential Equations, Complex Analysis, Relativity and Cosmology, Numerical Analysis, Generalized Functions, Operations Research, Mathematical Physics, Fluid Mechanics, Mathematical Hydrology, Mathematical Biology, Differential Geometry, Dynamical Systems, Fuzzy Mathematics, etc.
- Department of Chemistry: Under the act of 1920, the University of Dhaka opened its doors on the 1st of July 1921 in the then existing Government buildings situated in the picturesque surroundings of Ramna. The faculty of science of Dhaka University initially started with only three departments, namely Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. The Chemistry Department was located in the building adjacent to the main Curzon Hall to which, the old Intermediate College Building was added later on. The main Chemistry Building provided space for the Physical, Organic, and Inorganic sections and the lecture gallery of the Department. The Intermediate College Building housed the Biochemistry, Soil Science, Biology Sections and the Jagamohan Paul, Physiological laboratories, all as part of the Department of Chemistry. A third story was raised on the main building in 1962. In 1973 a new three-story building was constructed for the Department of Chemistry. The organic chemistry section was housed here.
- Department of Statistics: Founded in 1950 by one of the nation’s greatest intellectuals, Qazi Motahar Husain, this department is the first in Bangladesh and one of the pioneers in Asia to offer undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral degrees in statistics. The department is proud to have produced many leading statisticians, including founders of statistics departments at several universities in Bangladesh, the USA, Canada, and elsewhere. Here, students and teachers are conducting research in diverse areas such as Biostatistics, Demography, Design of Experiments, Econometrics, Machine Learning, Meta-analysis, Multivariate Analysis, Robust Statistics, Statistical Modelling, etc. Graduates of our department have excellent career prospects and find employment in a large number of government and non-government organizations.
- Department of Soil, Water & Environment: The department offers 4 year BS and one year MS degrees in Soil, Water, and Environment. The Ph.D. course is of a minimum of 3 years duration. From the academic session 2005, the MS course will be offered only by thesis option.
Students are doing research for their MS and Ph.D. degrees in various fields of soil, water, and environment-related problems like As toxicity in the food chain, heavy metal toxicity in soil and remediation, sulfur transformation in soils, soil morphology and genesis, waste recycling and waste management, etc.
- Department of Botany: The Department of Botany is one of the oldest departments of the University of Dhaka and is the first plant science department in the country. Botany was initially taught in the Department of Biology that was established in 1939 and later became an independent department in 1954. Since its inception, the Department has produced a large number of botanists and acted as the feeder department for other universities and research institutes of the country. The department offers B.S. (Honours), M.S., M. Phil, and Ph. D. degrees.
- Department of Zoology: The Department of Zoology, University of Dhaka, is located on the premises of Curzon Hall campus of the University. Established in 1954, it is one of the oldest departments in the university and the pioneer institute in the country to introduce teaching and research in animal sciences. Since its inception, the students graduating from this department have been receiving intensive training in most major branches in Zoology.
- Department of Psychology: Psychology as an academic discipline began in the region of Bangladesh in the first quarter of the 20th century when this country was a part of India under British rule. In 1921, the University of Dhaka established a Psychology Laboratory in the Department of Philosophy headed by Professor G. H. Langley. In fact, it was the first Psychology Laboratory in Bangladesh and the second such laboratory in undivided India. The Psychology Laboratory of the University of Dhaka earned recognition and reputation as one of the oldest and best-organized Psychology Laboratories in this region. In 1965, the Department of Psychology was established in the University of Dhaka by offering one year Masters Degree. Two years later in 1967, a 3-year B. Sc. (Honors) program was started. Later Psychology branched out to offer MS in Clinical Psychology in 1995 and Educational and Counseling Psychology in 2011. The Department of Psychology is concurrently offering two Masters Programs namely Master of Science in School Psychology and Master of Science in Industrial-Organizational Psychology from the session 2015-2016. The department has been also offering a two-year-long MPhil and three-year-long DPhil Degree programs since its inception.
Pharmacy Faculty: Founded in 1964, the Department of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka is the first and foremost institution providing pharmacy education in Bangladesh. Approximately 90 percent of the Bangladeshi pharmacists working home and abroad are graduates of the University of Dhaka. With the ever-increasing demand and timeliness of this noble profession, the department has been raised to a full-fledged faculty in 1995 owing to the tireless efforts of its faculty members, researchers, and scholars. Recognized as the most innovative institution for pharmacy education in the nation, the Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Dhaka has been serving as a model for other progressive pharmacy departments, particularly in private sectors throughout the country. The faculty has now an annual average of approximately 280 full-time students in the four years Bachelor of Pharmacy program conducted under the faculty supervision.
Earth and Environment Science Faculty: Our program at the University of Dhaka is integrated with the extraordinary research enterprise at the University of Dhaka’s (Geology Department) joint research project with Columbia’s Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory. Through this partnership, we offer incredible breadth and seek to provide students at all levels with practical experiences. Students are involved in shipboard or field research programs across the country. A healthy percentage of students also do research at our different research centers. Our faculties are linked with various reputed international universities like Colombia University, Harvard (USA), Humboldt, Cologne FU-Berlin Tuibingenhum Frebeghum (Germany), Kyoto, Nagasaki Okayama (Japan), Durham, Lancaster (UK), KTH (Sweden), etc. A number of faculties are also enjoying funding from international donor agencies such as the International Foundation for Science (IFS), Sweden.
Engineering & Technology Faculty: The faculty of Engineering and Technology was founded on June 26, 2008, to meet the increasing demand of the respected field. In the faculty, we have combined teaching excellence, industry-oriented research, and development from a global perspective. The creation of the faculty is a plank of Dhaka University’s strategy to lead in the design and development of various courses and research in engineering disciplines. The integration of this discipline is essential to face the challenges of the twenty-first century. The faculty reflects the dream and commitment of Dhaka University to fostering researches to deliver sustainable and secure infrastructure.
Nutrition and Food Science Institute: The INFS offers academic courses in Nutrition and Food Science. At present, the Institute runs the following courses: (i) Four years B.S.(Hons.), (ii) One-year M.S (iii) M.Phil, and (iv) Ph.D. Apart from the academic programs the activities of INFS include basic and applied research in different aspects and fields of nutrition and food science including nutrition survey and surveillance, laboratory experiments, research in nutrition, food sciences, microbiology, health sciences, food and nutrition policy, evaluation of interventions, technical advisory services, and training.
Information Technology Institute: Institute of Information Technology, the fastest growing Institute of the University of Dhaka. IIT attracts high-quality students in turn eminent faculty members have joined the Institute. The study of IT at this Institute is based on foundations, which build skills in lifelong learning, problem-solving, cooperative work in groups (for software development), and proficiency in IT development. IIT offers market-oriented programs based on Communication and Information Technology (IT). The lectures of these programs are supplemented by several Lab sessions, Tutorials, and Projects (both individually and in groups).
Leather Engineering and Technology Institute: The Institute of Leather Engineering and Technology (ILET), University of Dhaka was established on the 20 June 2011 by merger and integration of the erstwhile “Bangladesh College of Leather Technology” of the Directorate of Technical Education, the ministry of education, the government of Bangladesh with the University of Dhaka with all its assets, funds, rights, interests, properties, etc. and all its employees. Now, the Institute of Leather Engineering and Technology is functioning as an integral part institution of the University of Dhaka. This institute has a glorious history which was officially inaugurated on 15 August 1947, just after the end of British rule, by the Ministry of Industry with the name of “East Bengal Tanning Institute” for the development of the tanning industry.
Education and Research Institute: The Institute of Education and Research (IER), University of Dhaka, was established through the joint efforts of the University of Dhaka, the then Government of Pakistan, and the U.S. AID ( then ICA) Mission. The U.S. AID Mission in the then Pakistan entered into a contract with the Colorado State College, (later became the University of Northern Colorado), Greeley, Colorado, U.S.A., for professional services to establish, organize and direct the initial stages of IER, including advanced overseas training of teachers. The contract came into effect on November 1, 1959. The classes of the Institute began on July 1, 1960, with 33 students of one year M.Ed. degree program.
DU A Unit Admission Circular PDF of Previous Year
Click the link below to download the DU B Unit Admission Notice PDF of the previous session:-
Download A Unit Admission Circular 2020-2021
A unit admission circular information will be given here as soon as possible. Keep visiting this site to get all the necessary information.
Dhaka University A Unit Admission Result
The Dean Office will publish the admission result, and Students can show the result from the Dhaka University official website. To get the result click the link below:-
So here is some information about Dhaka University A Unit Admission Test Notice 2020-21 for the students who are eager to get a chance in this Unit and wanted to have an idea. Some Information may update over time. Stay connected.